Learn to craft wording and write speeches that captivate and inspire audiences.
The course is available in four formats:
• Clients' Office
• Online (Virtual Classroom) with live tutoring
• Bespoke (Group or 1-2-1 coaching)
100% of AIR income, beyond operational expense, is used towards education and research. Read more…
This course combines knowledge from writing, public speaking and psychology (influence). It is tailored to your needs and incorporates areas relevant to your interests.
Speech writing is an invaluable skill for public speaking as well as for communication in general. Most important societal changes are inspired through speeches with outstanding wording. In everyday life, words are one of the most powerful tools we have. Words can ‘build bridges’ but also ‘burn them’; words can hurt and heal, demoralise and inspire.
The skills you will develop during this course are important for public speaking across a variety of contexts such as conferences, election campaigns, diplomacy activities and management talks/board meetings.
Max 10 participants: the sessions are interactive with ample opportunity for practical exercises, interaction with other students as well as personalised feedback and guidance from the tutor.
Why choose our speech writing training
1. You can expect maximum progress. You will receive training from one of the leading experts in the field: with a background in psychology and genetics; with over 11 years of experience teaching public speaking, advocacy and cognitive influences in decision-making.
2. The course is science-based. You will benefit from tested methods, skills and techniques, including overcoming individual-specific and general barriers.
3. A highly acclaimed Psychology department. Of thousands of degree-granting universities, Goldsmiths Psychology department is in the World top 100 in the QS ranking for academic reputation. Papers by our academics are highly cited: we hold the 55th place among the Worlds' Psychology departments for the number of citations published per paper.
Campus Courses - VAT-free: Our venues are in central London (Senate House) and in New Cross. You can select your preferred location by choosing the date available.
Virtual Classroom Courses - VAT-free: Live tutoring brings all the benefits of face to face training and, in addition, improves skills for ‘digital’ participation. There is an increasing need for online activities in all areas of life. For example, meetings, interviews, presentations and conferences are increasingly opting for participation and contribution via digital platforms; and courts have introduced video-advocacy and judging. Therefore, ‘digital’ participation and the necessary skills for online delivery of Public Speaking are becoming an essential skill of the 21st century.
Bespoke Courses: If you are interested in a tailor-made Public Speaking course option: 1-1 coaching or bespoke group training, please contact us using the email or phone number provided below.
Is this course for me
This course equips you with skills needed for preparing speeches which achieve intended outcomes in different contexts: conferences, election campaigns, everyday communications, diplomacy activities, interviews, management talks/board meetings and Viva/oral exams. It is therefore suitable for you if your activities include any of the above or if you have an interest in improving communication more generally.
Our participants have included: Academics, Advertisers, Bankers, Diplomats, Executives, Lawyers, Lecturers, Managers, Politicians, Researchers and Students.
The recommended order of training following this course is:
- Combatting Fear of Public Speaking
- Speech Writing for Public Speaking
- Advanced Methods in Public Speaking
- The Psychology of Decision Making
- Public Speaking and the Psychology of Persuasion (5-day)
- The Psychology of Decision Making
*Book two or more courses at the same time to get a 10% discount.
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at shortcourses (@gold.ac.uk) so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
Please note our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
Dates for this course will be finalised soon. Please register your interest to be notified when exact dates are finalised. Email: air (@gold.ac.uk)
- 10% when a participant enrolls for more than one of our courses (at the same time)
- 20% UK students
- 25% Members of the UK Law and Society Association (UKLSA)
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts
As a University, we are able to offer our courses at minimum prices, and free of VAT - to make knowledge available to as wide audience as possible.
Refund policy: See AIR courses main page
To book this course for a group, please email us air(@gold.ac.uk). The price for group bookings is £1,925. Group size for this course is capped at 8 people.
Starting date, Friday 26 Feb 2021
10am-5pm | 1 day
If you have any questions about this course please contact air (@gold.ac.uk) or call +44 (0)20 7078 5468.
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.