The Taichi course introduces this traditional martial arts form.
Tai chi is renowned for its positive energy and controlled movements and has become ever increasingly popular in western culture. This course teaches the various forms, movements and exercises of this tranquil and relaxing yet effective martial art. Improve your posture and breathing, learn strategies for health and stress relief and increase flexibility and coordination.
This course is suitable for beginners and more advanced practitioners alike.
Why Study this Course?
- Experience Taichi for the first time or deepen your understanding
- Learn strategies for health and stress relief
- Increase flexibility and coordination
The following participants are eligible to receive a 15% discount. Concessions are available for Goldsmiths’ staff and students, over 60s, Jobseeker’s Allowance and Income Support claimants and local Lewisham residents.
Please note that our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. Please be advised that in order to provide an assessment and plan appropriate support we require as much notice as possible and, in some circumstances, up to 3 months. If you are planning to book, or have already booked, onto a short course please contact Goldsmiths Disability Team (email@example.com) at your earliest convenience.
If you have any questions about this course please contact confucius (@gold.ac.uk) .
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
Richard Hoggart Building, Room 253
About the department
Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance is an academic department of Goldsmiths, University of London.
We specialise in Chinese language and culture as well being the first and currently, the only CI to specialise in dance, performance and the arts, and the proud winner of the Global Confucius Institute of the Year Award 2017.
- Undergraduate degree courses in Chinese language - BA (Hons) International Relations & Chinese BA (Hons) Sociology & Chinese
- Credit courses in Chinese language, Chinese history, Chinese arts and culture and Chinese philosophy
- Evening and weekend short courses in Chinese language, Chinese dance, Chinese music and Chinese martial arts
- HSK examinations and training
- Outreach for Schools program