Goldsmiths transforms students into IT specialists, teaching them the software and coding skills required by the industry. Our graduates find employment in rewarding roles in a range of companies. We are now offering an innovative set of new courses outside of our degree programmes. These short courses combine online and lab work learning and offer flexibility as well as expert tuition to professionals looking to master areas of technology and software
Dr Matthew Yee-King, Course Tutor
As well as the work we complete in class, you will also be required to undertake additional tasks using the Coursera learning platform. Through this combination of lab and online work we’ll teach you the fundamental skills of advanced web design and development, ensuring you understand every aspect of why a website looks and operates the way it does, and how to quickly and effectively troubleshoot any issues using a range of programmes. This innovative teaching method, combining online and and in-class sessions is designed to maximise your potential within a limited timeframe.
This is a five week intensive short course designed to help you build on your existing knowledge of responsive web design and development. You’ll dig deeper into web development, which is integral if you are interested in becoming back end, or full stack, web developer. You will learn to build and adapt websites, line by line, from top to bottom. In addition to developing your understanding of responsive web design and user experience, we’ll take you through a series of informative and engaging tasks such as:
• Implementing user authentication
• Enabling security features
• Designing reactive website templates
• Implementing single page apps with routing
• Key database operations such as inserting, removing and updating data
Introduction to Web Design: Learning to Code
Why study this course?
• Develop your existing knowledge of coding and web design by delving deeper into back end, full stack, development.
• Learn through a combination of online and lab work, using the Coursera platform
• Consolidate your learning each week under expert supervision. This will give you the chance to regularly engage and collaborative with our academic team who will guide you through any issues you experience
• Join the close knit learning community at Goldsmiths, taking part in peer-to-peer assignments in servers and programming.
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at email@example.com so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
Please note our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
Sign up to be notified when new dates become available.
If you have any questions about this course please contact shortcourses (@gold.ac.uk) .
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
Richard Hoggart Building