Information for students in accommodation arranged through Goldsmiths in relation to Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
Primary page content
This page is for residents of Chesterman House, Ewen Henderson Court, Loring Hall, Quantum Court, Raymont Hall, Surrey House and Town Hall Camberwell.
It’s imperative that we work together to stop the spread of the virus and so you must do your part, too.
This page explains how you can play your part in ensuring the safety of your accommodation, your fellow housemates and those living in other flats around you.
Accommodation fees support
What you should be doing
As a student at Goldsmiths living in student accommodation, you should:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds regularly
- Wear a face covering in the communal areas of the accommodation, such as the reception, communal corridors and staircases and the lifts
- Clean the kitchen area after every use
- Keep a 2m distance from those who do not live within your flat or on your corridor
We recommend you register online with the local GP surgery, Amersham Vale.
What you must not do
England is under National lockdown: Stay at Home rules.
Under these restrictions, you should minimise time spent outside your home and cannot meet socially with those who are not part of your ‘household’.
You can exercise in a public outdoor space either one to one with a single person from outside your household or with others from your household.
A ‘household’ in student accommodation is defined as those who live within your flat or on your corridor.
This rule means that people from different flats/corridors cannot socialise inside or outside, even if they live in the same building or hall.
Please be mindful of our Community Behaviour Rules and of respecting others when using the outside areas in your accommodation and ensure you keep to your ‘household’.
Staff on-site will be on hand to ensure students can access these spaces safely and they may ask students to disperse to avoid large gatherings or to reduce noise.
Also, you must not:
- Organise any parties or gatherings
- Invite guests into the accommodation
- Invite other residents into your flat
- Break your period of self-isolation, if you are required to do so upon arrival into the UK or after developing symptoms, as advised by the NHS or your doctor
- Violate any of the Health and Safety conditions of the Accommodation Agreement
We will be adapting and making changes to our on-site rules to match the latest government advice. We will update you by email with all the important changes if, and when, they happen.
We expect that you keep up to date with and follow the latest government guidance whilst living in student accommodation.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19 or a positive test
You and the people who you share your flat with will need to self-isolate.
You also need to tell us, which you can do through an online form.
You will need to self-isolate if:
- You have arrived from certain countries outside the UK
- You have Covid-19 symptoms or a positive test result
- Someone in your household (flat or corridor) has symptoms or a positive test result
- You've been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or another body
See our self-isolating instructions.
Our terms and conditions
We have updated our terms and conditions for students who have a contract with Goldsmiths, University of London to ensure that we remain covid-secure. You can read about these changes in the Accommodation Agreement that you received as part of your accommodation offer.
You should pay particular attention to the parts regarding Health and Safety and Student Conduct. We have also tied together parts of the Accommodation Agreement to the Student Conduct Regulations that you will agree to upon online enrolment.