Information for students in accommodation arranged through Goldsmiths in relation to Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
Primary page content
This page is for residents of Ewen Henderson Court, Loring Hall, Quantum Court and Town Hall Camberwell.
It’s imperative that we work together to stop the spread of the virus and so you must do your part, too.
This page explains how you can play your part in ensuring the safety of your accommodation, your fellow housemates and those living in other flats around you.
What you should be doing
As a student at Goldsmiths living in student accommodation, you should:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds regularly
- Wear a face covering in the communal areas of the accommodation, such as the reception, communal corridors and staircases and the lifts
- Clean the kitchen area after every use
- Keep a 2m distance from those who do not live within your flat or on your corridor
We recommend you register online with the local GP surgery, Amersham Vale.
What you must not do
It is against the law in England to meet socially in a group of more than six people.
As London is in the Tier 2 (high) risk category for Covid-19, this only applies to meeting socially outdoors. You cannot meet indoors with anyone from who is not in your household for social reasons.
A household in student accommodation is defined as those you live within your flat or on your corridor, so this could be more than 6 people. This rule also means that more than 6 people from multiple different flats/corridors cannot socialise inside or outside, even if they live in the same building or hall. Read more about meeting others.
Also, you must not:
- Organise any parties or gatherings
- Invite guests into the accommodation
- Break your period of self-isolation, if you are required to do so upon arrival into the UK or after developing symptoms, as advised by the NHS or your doctor
- Violate any of the Health and Safety conditions of the Accommodation Agreement
We will be adapting and making changes to our on-site rules to match the latest government advice. We will update you by email with all the important changes if, and when, they happen.
We expect that you keep up to date with and follow the latest government guidance whilst living in student accommodation.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19 or a positive test
You and the people who you share your flat with will need to self-isolate.
You also need to tell us, which you can do through an online form.
You will need to self-isolate if:
- You have arrived from certain countries outside the UK
- You have Covid-19 symptoms or a positive test result
- Someone in your household (flat or corridor) has symptoms or a positive test result
- You've been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or another body
See our self-isolating instructions.
Our terms and conditions
We have updated our terms and conditions to ensure that we remain covid-secure, you can read about these changes in the Accommodation Agreement that you received as part of your accommodation offer.
You should pay particular attention to the parts regarding Health and Safety and Student Conduct. We have also tied together parts of the Accommodation Agreement to the Student Conduct Regulations that you will agree to upon online enrolment.