Goldsmiths arranged accommodation

Information for students living in accommodation arranged through Goldsmiths about changes due to Covid-19.

Primary page content

This page contains additional Covid-19 information for people who will be living in Goldsmiths arranged accommodation.

It is supplementary to your accommodation guides and our accommodation for residents pages.

Using accommodation safely

Watch information on arriving and keeping Covid-secure in accommodation

How to help stop the spread of Covid-19

Covid-19 is highly transmissible and is affecting people of all ages, whether or not they are vaccinated.

Therefore we are asking all our students, staff and visitors to still take actions to stop spreading it:

  • Test yourself twice a week
  • Use hand sanitiser when entering buildings
  • Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds regularly
  • Wear a face covering, if you can, in the communal areas of the accommodation, such as the reception, communal corridors and staircases and the lifts
  • Clean the kitchen area after every use
  • Keep a 2m distance from those who do not live within your flat or on your corridor

We recommend you register online with the local GP surgery, Amersham Vale. They will be providing vaccinations for all students who need them.

Government guidance


The risk of catching or passing on Covid-19 can be higher in crowded and indoor spaces where there is limited fresh air, for this reason we ask students to continue to exercise caution to protect fellow residents and staff. Read the guidance on what you can do.


Please be mindful of our Community Behaviour Rules and of respecting others when using the outside areas in your accommodation.

In student accommodation, staff on site will be on hand to ensure students can access the outdoor spaces safely, and they may ask students to disperse to avoid large gatherings or to reduce noise. Some of our halls only offer limited outdoor space, please be mindful that other students may also wish to use these areas.

It is also important you respect other students’ study commitments and right to a quiet night, and you should not socialise in the outdoor areas of your accommodation during Quiet Hours (11pm and 7.30am, or as advised by your accommodation provider).

See more information on what you can and cannot do on GOV.UK.

Visitors and overnight guests in student accommodation

A student will be allowed to invite one guest or visitor on the understanding that they do not cause annoyance or inconvenience to other residents. Please ensure you speak to your housemates to ensure they are happy to have someone in their home.

You will need to sign in (and sign out) your guest/visitor at reception, and they will need to show ID and confirm their current address (household). We recommend your visitor or guest takes a free lateral flow Covid-19 test before visiting the accommodation. At home asymptomatic tests are available to order via the NHS.

Visitors and overnight guests will not be allowed while anyone in your flat is in isolation or quarantine, and overnight guests will not be allowed to quarantine or isolate in our student accommodation. Please bear in mind that people from different flats/corridors are also considered guests and they should not be invited into your flat, if the flat is in isolation.

If there is an outbreak in halls, a no visitors/ no guests policy will remain in place and students will be expected to wear face coverings and maintain social distancing in communal areas to avoid the virus spreading.

Please ensure you follow this guidance and refer to your accommodation agreement for further guidance on visitors and guests in student accommodation.

Please remember that you must not:

  • Organise any parties or gatherings
  • Invite a guest or visitor into student accommodation without signing them in at reception. Residents from other flats also need to sign in
  • Invite others into your flat if someone in your flat is in quarantine or isolation
  • Break your period of self-isolation, if you are required to do so upon arrival into the UK or after developing symptoms, as advised by the NHS or your doctor
  • Violate any of the Health and Safety conditions of the Accommodation Agreement
  • Violate any local Public Health guidance that may need to be introduced in the interest of our residents’ health and safety or to reduce the spread of the virus

A ‘household’ in student accommodation is defined as those who live within your flat or on your corridor.

Our terms and conditions

We have updated our terms and conditions for students who have a contract with Goldsmiths, University of London to ensure that we remain covid-secure. You can read about these changes in the Accommodation Agreement that you received as part of your accommodation offer, and we will send regular updates to all residents in halls.

Over the course of the academic year we aim to adapt our arrangements and advice, in line with the latest government or local Public Health guidance and we will ensure our residents are always kept up-to-date.

You should pay particular attention to the parts regarding Health and Safety and Student Conduct. We have also tied together parts of the Accommodation Agreement to the Student Conduct Regulations that you will agree to upon online enrolment.