Here is what to do you if think you may have Covid-19 or have a confirmed diagnosis.
Primary page content
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test
If you live in Goldsmiths Accommodation let your reception know.
Becoming unwell on campus
If you fall ill and need to go home, let your tutor or line manager know you are leaving campus.
First aid assistance
There is no need to request a first aider unless immediate medical attention is required.
To request first aid assistance, please contact Security, on 020 7919 7979 or extension 666, if your local First Aider is not available.
- Ensure physical distancing is maintained as far as possible, where possible maintain a safe distance (2 metres)
- The first aider will put on the PPE provided
- You may be asked to stay in a safe area eg first aid room
- If you do not have access to a face covering, you will be asked by the first aider attending you to wear a disposable surgical face mask, if you are able to (watch a YouTube video on fitting a face covering)
- If there are any concerns regarding suspected Covid-19 you or the first aider should seek medical advice via NHS 111, who will provide instructions on the next steps
- First aiders should not offer to take the person to hospital via a private or Goldsmiths vehicle
- The first aider should contact the Estates Helpdesk on 0207 9191 7121 to request cleaning of the area, once the patient has been treated and keep the area clear of people until cleaning team arrive
If you have a confirmed diagnosis
If you are diagnosed with Covid-19, email your line manager, Head of Department or Service. Let them know if you require additional support.
You should report your time away from work as usual in line with the sickness absence policy by recording your absence on Business World. Use the 'Remote Working' from the quick links section of Goldmine to access Business World from home. If you cannot access this then your line manager should do this for you if possible.