Funding for students who require a PCR Covid-19 test for travel from their main home in a country outside of the UK.
Primary page content
Returning to the UK after Christmas
The UK government requires you to self-isolate on arrival into the UK from a place not on the travel corridor list.
You now have two options for this:
- Self-isolate for 10 days, which does not need a test
- Using the Test to Release scheme, self-isolate for 5 days and then arrange your own PCR Covid-19 test (this is a different test to the one offered on campus). If your result is negative you can stop self-isolating
Help to pay for the PCR Covid-19 test
Goldsmiths will refund the cost of a PCR Covid-19 test you arrange yourself (up to £200). You can apply if you:
- Have a pre-booked ticket
- Require a PCR Covid-19 test under the Test to Release scheme
- Are an EU or International student
- Cannot afford the unexpected costs of this PCR test
Apply by emailing the following to email@example.com:
- A brief explanation of your circumstances
- Evidence of a previously booked valid ticket showing date of travel to the UK from a country which is not on the travel corridor list and where there is a requirement to self-isolate
- Evidence/confirmation that you have signed up to the Test and Release Scheme
- Screenshot of personal bank details. (This is for verification of payee name, bank account and sort code only and is not intended to monitor available funds)
- Screenshot showing the cost of the PCR test
- Student number
The fund closes Friday 5 February at 9am.