Veterans Affairs Funding


Goldsmiths is registered with the US Department of Veteran Affairs. If you are a US Veteran then you will be able to use your Chapter 33 (post 9/11 GI Bill) and Chapter 35 benefits to fund your studies at Goldsmiths.

Please see the Department of Veterans Affairs for further details.

Process at Goldsmiths

Your Programme of Study needs to be approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs before you can use your benefit entitlement to study. Please contact the Financial Aid Office as soon as you apply for a programme at Goldsmiths so that we can ensure your programme is registered in time. You can contact the Financial Aid Office by emailing financialaid ( or phoning 011 44 207 078 5311.

You should also forward a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the Financial Aid office as soon as possible.

Once your programme of study has been approved, and you have enrolled at Goldsmiths we will be able to confirm your registration to the Department of VA and your payment will be released. Please see a member of the Financial Aid Office in the Student Centre once you have enrolled each year so that we can confirm your registration as soon as possible.

Once your registration has been confirmed you will then receive confirmation from the Department of Veteran Affairs.

Chapter 33 Entitlement

If you have Chapter 33 benefits you will be eligible for the following:

  • Upto $21,970.46 p/a tuition fee support (payable direct to Goldsmiths) for upto 36 months
  • Upto $1611 p/m Housing Allowance
  • Upto $1000 p/a books and fees stipend

Please note this entitlement can be transferred to an eligible spouse or other dependent.

Chapter 35 Benefits (for dependants)

Chapter 35 benefits are for the use of a dependent (spouse or child) of a US Veteran.

If you wish to transfer your benedits to your child, they must be between 18 and 26.

You will be eligible for the following benefits for up to 45 months:

  • $1021 per month payable to the dependent.

Chapter 35 benefits is a monthly payment made to the dependent. It does not cover tuition fees. This can be used to cover Study Abroad costs.

Further information

VA Benefits do not affect your Federal Loan entitlement.

For further information please contact financialaid ( or visit Department of Veterans Affairs.