As we have moved to a mix of online and in-person teaching, Goldsmiths has opened a fund to enable students to continue with their studies and to support online learning.
Primary page content
The Online Learning Contribution Fund is now closed.
Students requiring financial assistance with the purchase of a laptop are now directed to the Student Hardship Fund (subject to eligibility).
Students could apply for a contribution of £300 to purchase a laptop.
The fund was open to students who are unable to afford their own laptop, however, applications received by students who fall within the following groups were given priority:
- Students with caring responsibilities
- Students with children (especially lone parents)
- Students from low-income families (less than £25,000 annual income)
- Students who are displaced people, refugees or asylum seekers
- Estranged students and those with experience of care
- Disabled students, not in receipt of Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA)
- Students who have entered higher education from supported housing or who are homeless
Students who have received an award under the Online Learning Access Fund, which ran in the 2019-20 academic year, were not eligible to apply for this fund.
We recommend you do not purchase a laptop until you have told if your application has been successful.