As we have moved to a mix of online and in-person teaching, Goldsmiths has opened a fund to enable students to continue with their studies and to support online learning.
Primary page content
Students can apply for a contribution of £300 to purchase a laptop.
The fund is open to students who are unable to afford their own laptop, however, applications received by students who fall within the following groups will be given priority, first-year (new) students who fall within these groups will also be given priority:
- Students with caring responsibilities
- Students with children (especially lone parents)
- Students from low-income families (less than £25,000 annual income)
- Students who are displaced people, refugees or asylum seekers
- Estranged students and those with experience of care
- Disabled students, not in receipt of Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA)
- Students who have entered higher education from supported housing or who are homeless
Students who have received an award under the Online Learning Access Fund, which ran in the 2019-20 academic year, are not eligible to apply for this fund.
We recommend you do not purchase a laptop until you have told if your application has been successful.
When you can apply
Applications to the fund can be made according to date the when your course starts. See the term dates variations to confirm this.
Courses beginning on 5 October 2020 - Now closed
Open: 10am, 21 September 2020
Close: 9am, 5 October 2020
Courses beginning on 26 October 2020 - Now closed
Open: 10am, 5 October 2020
Close: 9am, 26 October 2020
Courses beginning on 11 January 2021
Open: 10am, 4 January 2021
Close: 9am, 25 January 2021
How to apply
You will be able to apply from this page when the fund is open for applications.
It will open again for courses beginning on 11 January 2021 at 10am, 4 January 2021.