If a serious event in your life has affected your work, it could be taken account in your assessment
What Mitigating/Extenuating Circumstances is
It is for when you've suffered from something like the following:
- Serious medical condition
- Unexpected caring responsibilities
- Court attendance
has affected your exams or ability to submit coursework as would be expected.
How it works
You make your case to your department, supplying evidence as required.
You must normally submit mitigating evidence no later than seven days after the deadline for submission of coursework or the date of the examination.
Help from the Wellbeing Service
Our Wellbeing Service can help you:
- Understand the regulations and process for your academic department
- Determine if you may be eligible to apply
- Obtain appropriate supporting evidence
Arrange an appointment with them through the Wellbeing drop-in for this help.
Read the full policy on Extenuating Circumstances.