Goldsmiths aims to be at the forefront of technological innovation in distance learning and to bring a distinctively Goldsmiths pedagogy to distance learning.
Primary page content
We provide support and guidance for staff in Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) with technical and pedagogical support.
Our staff can help with the design of learning materials to make the most of flexible learning opportunities, from induction through to assessment.
We can prototype ideas, research the possibilities and help staff to construct learning activities and resources. We also assist with day-to-day enquiries via our dedicated email helpline and daily drop-ins.
We aim to act as a conduit to unite colleagues to share interesting practices and valuable tips.
We work closely with colleagues in IT and Digital Services to ensure upgrades and updates work smoothly and keep an eye on research, trends and innovations across the sector via local and national networks.
Our supported platforms provide abundant opportunities to create engaging and accessible activities and resources to supplement face to face teaching.
- Learn.gold is Goldsmiths' Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), based on the popular Moodle platform. It is central to the student learning journey
- Panopto supports recorded lectures, video assessments or supplemental pre-recorded materials. Easy to use, it offers built-in discussion and quiz features
- Turnitin enables similarity checking of submitted work to help students improve their referencing and prevent plagiarism
- Teams offer synchronous meetings and webinars
- Wooclap offers engaging real time polls face to face or online