Find out about some of the central services and support offered by Goldsmiths in these online inductions.
Primary page content
Library and support online inductions will be hosted on Microsoft Teams.
Library inductions – Wednesday 29 September, 12.30-1.30pm
Your department librarians will introduce themselves and provide useful information to get started in the Library, including:
- Where is the Library? Steps to accessing the physical library, orientation around the Library’s study areas, Covid-19 information
- What do I need? Goldsmiths ID card and access, printing, loans, IT access, Library search account
- How do I find resources? Library search catalogue, reading lists
- How do I find support? Academic Support team, Royal Literary Fellows, study skills, Lib-Guides, one-to-ones, workshops
Click on the name of your department to join the induction on Microsoft Teams:
- Educational Studies
- English and Creative Writing
- Management Studies
- Media, Communications and Cultural Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Theatre and Performance
- Visual Cultures
Student support induction – Wednesday 29 September, 2-3pm
Find out about student services at Goldsmiths and how they can support your student experience. There will be an overview of the support available from services including Wellbeing and Disability, as well as guidance on how you can access them. There will also be an opportunity to ask any questions you might have.
International students induction – Wednesday 29 September, 12-12.30pm
Find out about the dedicated support available to help international students become successful, independent learners. This session will be delivered by Paul Stocks from the Goldsmiths Centre for Academic Language and Literacies (CALL), and will outline the support CALL offers to international students throughout their studies. The session will also address ‘academic culture shock’ and what students can expect from studying in the UK.
Mature students induction – Wednesday 29 September, 3.30-4.15pm
Are you aged 21+? Join us for an overview of the specific support available to you as a mature student, to help you make the most of your time at Goldsmiths. This session will introduce you to the academic resources, additional financial support, wellbeing and careers assistance available to you during your studies. There will also be the chance to ask questions and gain valuable insights from current Goldsmiths mature students during a Q&A.
Academic department inductions
Use the box below to find these for your programme.