The Goldsmiths Prize app celebrates the winners and shortlistees of this prestigious literary award and explores the broader tradition of inventive and experimental fiction. Serious discussion of the art of fiction is too often confined to the pages of learned journals, and part of the prize's mission is to stimulate a much wider debate about what the novel is and can be. The Goldsmiths Prize app is a key contribution to what we hope will be a lively dialogue.
A growing resource of features and material on the prize include:
- Information on all books that have won and been shortlisted for the prize as well as those nominated as our ‘fantasy’ winners from the past.
- Includes videos of readings from winners and shortlisted books.
- Where available, links to the iBook or Audiobook version are included to be sampled or purchased immediately without leaving the app.
- Biographical information on the winners, shortlisted writers and judges of the prize.
- Interviews with authors.
Special features on the first two winners of the prize:
- Exploring the fresco that lies at the heart of Ali Smith's 2014 winner How to be Both.
- ‘Becoming A Girl’ looks beneath pages from the manuscript and first draft of Eimear McBride's A Girl is a Half-formed Thing