Dr Sorrel Harriet joined the computing department as a part-time lecturer in 2015. She currently teaches on topics related to databases, data programming and web application development.
- PGCE Computer Science, Greenwich University 2015
- PhD. Music Technology, University of York, 2013
- PGDip Acoustics & Noise Control, Leeds Metropolitan University, 2009
- BSc Sound Design Technology, University of Hertfordshire, 2006
Lecturer, Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Data programming
- Data, Networks & the Web
- Web Programming
- CoPHP & MySQL
- Mobile Application Development
Area of supervision
- Physical acoustic modeling/computational acoustics
- Soundscape analysis and synthesis
Over the past ten years, Sorrel has been involved in professional web development, both inside and out of academia. Most recently she worked alongside Matthew Yee-King at Goldsmiths helping to develop the Music Circle platform.
'Auralisation of an Urban Soundscape' / Harriet, Sorrel; Murphy, Damian Thomas. In: Acta Acustica united with Acustica, Vol. 101, No. 4, 01.07.2015, p. 798-81