Goldsmiths' Research Office
Goldsmiths’ Research Office provides a full support service designed to nurture, encourage, promote and facilitate research activity. We offer a pro-active resource for researchers across all College disciplines, at all stages of their career.
Goldsmiths has a world-class reputation for creativity and innovation and a commitment to encouraging inter-disciplinary collaboration, and provides researchers with a unique intellectual environment in which to pursue their studies. Whilst benefiting from the wide-ranging resources of the University of London, Goldsmiths also offers all the advantages of a small, campus-based College. The College belongs to the prestigious 1994 Group of Research Universities, and our consistently excellent performance is reflected in our RAE Rating. The national assessment exercise carried out in 2008 placed us in the top ten universities for the proportion of our research recognised to be ‘world-leading’.
What we do
We see applications for research funding from inception, proposal writing, and institutional authorisation, to post-award support and monitoring. International collaborations and European research initiatives are actively supported by staff with specific knowledge and experience of working with institutions across the world.
Among the services the Research Office provides are:
- Researcher Career Development guidance, including specialist advice for researchers at all stages of their career, in line with the principles of the Research Concordat
- A live database of research funding opportunities which can provide personalised funding email alerts
- Research news, giving valuable insight into the latest developments in the College’s research success and the Research area in general.
- Advice and guidance on research proposal writing and form filling
- Electronic research application submission
- Technical guidance for projects which require IT solutions or a technical infrastructure
- Training sessions which can be tailored to departmental interests
- Support for practice-based research in the visual and performing arts
- More about what we can do for you and your grant application
- For financial management and costing of projects please contact the Finance Office
The Research Office works closely with the Enterprise Office to encourage research expertise across the College to connect with business or community interests. If you are an organisation interested in benefiting from Goldsmiths’ research excellence, creativity, and expert know-how, or a Goldsmiths academic interested in Knowledge Transfer and collaboration, then contacting the Enterprise Office is your first step.
Under the management of the Pro-Warden Research and Enterprise, Goldsmiths Research Office administrates the College Research and Enterprise Committee responsible for forming Goldsmiths research policy, multidisciplinary College Research Centres and business links.
- Ethical approval form [MS Word]
- Code of practice on Research Ethics [pdf]
- ESRC Research Ethics Framework [pdf]
- Research Concordat [pdf]
- REF Code of Practice (college log in required)
- Guidance on EU FP7 funding
- The Metris Report [pdf] on emerging trends in Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities in Europe
Enterprise Office (for collaborations and Knowledge Transfer)
Research Ethics (including forms and code of practice)
Checklist for Researchers Goldsmiths Code of Practice (see 'Code of Practice for the Career Management of Contract Researchers')
Checklist for Managers Goldsmiths Code of Practice (see 'Code of Practice for the Career Management of Contract Researchers')