New students (both undergraduates and postgraduates) can apply from 12pm (midday) on the 28 April until 3pm on the 5 June 2015.
Continuing students (both undergraduates and postgraduates) can apply from 12pm (midday) on the 28 April until 3pm on the 15 May 2015.
How to apply
- Once applications have opened, click on the link in the grey box to register and create an online account if this is the first time you are applying online.
- If you have applied for accommodation in a previous academic session then you will need to log in with the email address and password used to register previously. If you have forgotten your password please use the Password Reset Guide (PDF) to reset your password
- If you have forgotten what email address you have registered then you can email the firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you an idea of which type of email account it was. Alternatively you can reregister with an email address you have access to so that you can make an application. If you need help, read our Guide to re-registering for student accommodation (PDF).
- Log in, complete and submit an online application for accommodation making sure you select the requested hall choices.
- When your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an automated acknowledgment email confirming your application has been received. If you have not received an email within 24 hours, please contact the Accommodation Office immediately to check your application has been properly submitted.
- Please note the deadlines for applications (see above). Applications are ordered by the date received amongst other factors so please do not leave it until the last minute to apply.
- Please be aware that we receive a higher number of applications than we have places available.
- If we allocate you a place in one of our on- or off-campus halls we will send the offer via email (to the email address that you registered with). The email will have details of how to accept your place, how to agree to the terms and conditions and how to pay a deposit (using the online payment system) where applicable. Please note a deadline will be applicable, so it is important you do everything you need to do to accept the offer by this deadline.
- The largest number of offers will be confirmed in August when the majority of students will receive their results and their academic status turns UF.
- New offers will be sent out to applicants on the reserve and waiting list, depending on the availability of places.
- For students who have recently firmly accepted their academic place, please allow 48 hours for the system to update before trying to register ie. if you accept your place on a Friday 1st May, then you will need to wait until Sunday 3rd May for the system to update before you are able to make an application.
Applying for 2015-16 (new students)
The application process for accommodation for both New and Continuing Students wanting accommodation for the 2015-16 academic year starting in September 2015 is now open.
How we allocate
- Please note that you will be unable to register and apply for accommodation unless your academic course offer is Unconditional Firm (UF) or Conditional Firm (CF). If you have an insurance offer (new students) you will be able to apply once your offer turns unconditional and you have firmly accepted your academic offer.
- Allocations will start from the end of July 2015, however the majority of offers will be confirmed and sent out by email after the 13 August 2015 when most students receive their exam results.
- UF and CF applicants will be allocated places based on the date they have applied amongst other factors (allocation terms apply).
- For undergraduates and postgraduates who have applied before the deadline but are not housed in the first round of allocations, you will be placed on our reserve list. We will start further allocations from the reserve list from the 13 August 2015, when we expect more spaces to become available.
- If you applied before the deadline and your status changes from CF to UF after the 13 August 2015, you will be placed on the reserve list and allocated a place if one becomes available.
- All students who applied after the deadline (15 May 2015 for Continuing students and 5 June 2015 for New students) will be placed on the waiting list and will be allocated a place in halls if rooms become available, usually from the end of September onwards.
- If your home address is in London (all zones) you will initially be placed on the waiting list and we will contact you once places become available after the start of term.
If you have any questions regarding applying online then please visit the Online Application section on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) page.
Applying for 2014-15 (current students)
We will are now taking applications for students that will be attending the Pre-sessional course starting in May. If you would like to apply for accommodation for one of these courses please go to the Pre-sessional page and follow the instructions.
If you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student currently studying at Goldsmiths and would like to apply for accommodation for the remainder of the academic year, please email email@example.com or stop by the Accommodation office.