Apply for accommodation 2014-15
The deadline has now passed for both New (4pm on the 6 June) and Continuing students (4pm on the 2 May). We are now accepting applications for the waiting list.
The application process for accommodation for both New and Continuing Students wanting accommodation from the 2014 -15 academic year starting in September 2014 is now open.
CONTINUING students (both Undergraduates and Postgraduates) can apply from: 12pm (midday) on the 22 April until 4pm on the 2 May 2014
NEW students (both Undergraduates and Postgraduates) can apply from: 12pm (midday)on the 29 April until 4pm on the 6 June 2014
To determine whether you should apply as a New or Continuing student please click here .
How to apply
- Register and create an online account if this is the first time you are applying online.
- If you have applied for accommodation in a previous academic session then you will need to log in with the email address and password used to register previously. If you have forgotten your password please use the guide on how to reset your password (click here ).
- Log in, complete and submit an online application for accommodation for 2014-15 making sure you select the requested hall choices.
- When your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an automated acknowledgment email confirming your application has been received.
- Please note the deadlines for applications (see above). Applications are ordered by the date received amongst other factors so please do not leave it until the last minute to apply.
- Please be aware that we receive a higher number of applications that we have places available.
- If we allocate you a place in one of our on or off campus halls we will send the offer via email (to the email address that you registered with). The email will have details of how to accept your place, how to agree to the terms and conditions and how to pay a deposit (using the online payment system) where applicable.
- The largest number of offers will be confirmed in August 2014 when the majority of students will receive their results and their academic status turns UF.
- New offers will be sent out to applicants on the reserve and waiting list, depending on the availability of places.
- For students who have recently firmly accepted their academic place, please allow 24 hours for the system to update before trying to register.
How we allocate
- Please note that you will be unable to register and apply for accommodation unless your academic course offer is Unconditional Firm (UF) or Conditional Firm (CF). If you have an insurance offer (New Students) you will be able to apply once your offer turns unconditional and you have firmly accepted your academic offer.
- Allocations will start from the end of July 2014 however the majority of offers will be confirmed and sent out by email after the 14 August 2014 when most students receive their exam results.
- UF and CF applicants will be allocated places based on the date they have applied amongst other factors (allocation terms apply).
- For undergraduates and postgraduates who have applied before the deadline but are not housed in the first round of allocations, you will be placed on our reserve list. We will start further allocations from the reserve list from the 15 August 2014, when we expect more spaces to become available.
- If you applied before the deadline and your status changes from CF to UF after the 15 August 2014, you will be placed on the reserve list and allocated a place if one becomes available.
- All students who applied after the deadline (2 May 2014 for Continuing students and 6 June 2014 for New students) will be placed on the waiting list and will be allocated a place in halls if rooms become available, usually from the end of September onwards.
- If your home address is in London (all zones) you will initially be placed on the waiting list and we will contact you once places become available after the start of term.
To apply for accommodation click here
If you have any questions regarding applying online then please visit the Online Application section on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) page.