Moving on or returning

How to find accommodation for your next year or how to come back into halls.

Primary page content

Renting privately means you can decide where you live, who you share with, and the type of accommodation that suits you best.

As a Goldsmiths student, you have access to specialist support and advice via the University of London Housing Services (ULHS).

Every year the ULHS publish a helpful private housing guide, which covers every step of looking for accommodation, and things to keep in mind if you are considering renting.

They have a flatmate finder and property search platform, as well as a contract checking service, legal housing advice and events for students.

To register on the property search platform, please use your Goldsmiths email account, as this will ensure the ULHS can easily confirm you’re a student at Goldsmiths. You will also need to provide proof of your enrolment which you can find on MyGoldsmiths.

Find out more about their services and private housing support.

Private student halls and short-term accommodation

If you’re keen on living in student halls, several options are available in the local area, however we recommend you begin your search early, as places in private halls are filling up fast.

The ULHS have a list of registered private halls to help you in your search.

Finally, if you need a place in between different contracts or accommodation for a short period, information on short-term options is available via the ULHS.

You may also want to look at the Goldsmiths Students’ Union Housing Facebook Group, where students post information about spare rooms.

Applying to live in one of our halls

If you are a current student at Goldsmiths, a very limited number of places in student accommodation will be available to current students for 2023-24.

To be eligible for an offer of a place, you will need to apply before the deadline and be a full-time student at Goldsmiths, University of London for the duration of the 2023-24 academic year. You should also have no outstanding debt and no final written warnings.

We do prioritise new students as spaces in halls are limited, so it is important you also take time to explore alternative accommodation options and make use of the support and resources available, as meeting our eligibility criteria and applying before the deadline does not guarantee you will receive an offer of accommodation. 

Applications for accommodation for continuing students will open at 12noon on 30 May and close on 2 June 2023 at 11:59pm.

Find out how to apply and how we allocate places.

Once you have applied, if you are successful, we will be in touch with an update from the second half of June onwards.

Housing advice on campus or on Teams

We also offer help and support through Accommodation Services based at Loring Management Centre. You can make an appointment to speak with our Halls Liaison Officer to get some guidance and support when it comes to your housing options. Contact accommodation ( to find out more.