The rules and procedures around having friends and family coming to visit you in accommodation.

Primary page content

This page is for residents of Chapter Lewisham, Dean House, Ewen Henderson Court, Loring Hall, Quantum Court and Town Hall Camberwell. Who to contact for other residences.

Residents may have one overnight guest (over the age of 18) for a maximum of three nights in any seven days, on the understanding that they do not cause annoyance or inconvenience to other members of the flat/corridor or hall.

Guests are required to sign in with a photo ID at reception.

You are responsible for your guest and must accompany them at all times. Guests are not allowed to stay in your room in your absence.

Guests must sleep within your room, not in any other areas of the flat/hall.

Residents will be held liable for any damage caused by or misconduct of their guests.

Guests who cause annoyance or inconvenience may be banned from the halls.

Other options

We understand that sometimes you may have friends or family come over to stay who live a considerable distance from the halls and a three-day trip is not always feasible.

If this is the case, please consult Accommodation Services - accommodation ( - before the arrival of your guest to seek the availability of any guest accommodation that may be on offer. We can also give you a separate list of places available around the area.