The rules and procedures around having friends and family coming to visit you in accommodation.
Primary page content
This page is for residents of Ewen Henderson Court, Loring Hall, Quantum Court and Town Hall Camberwell. Who to contact for other residences.
Visitors and overnight guests in student accommodation
A student will be allowed to invite one guest or visitor on the understanding that they do not cause annoyance or inconvenience to other residents. Please ensure you speak to your housemates to ensure they are happy to have someone in their home.
You will need to sign in (and sign out) your guest/visitor at reception, and they will need to show ID and confirm their current address (household). We recommend your visitor or guest takes a free lateral flow Covid-19 test before visiting the accommodation. At home asymptomatic tests are available to order via the NHS.
Visitors and overnight guests will not be allowed while anyone in your flat is in isolation or quarantine, and overnight guests will not be allowed to quarantine or isolate in our student accommodation. Please bear in mind that people from different flats/corridors are also considered guests and they should not be invited into your flat, if the flat is in isolation.
If there is an outbreak in halls, a no visitors/ no guests policy will remain in place and students will be expected to wear face coverings and maintain social distancing in communal areas to avoid the virus spreading.
Please ensure you follow this guidance and refer to your accommodation agreement for further guidance on visitors and guests in student accommodation.
Please remember that you must not:
- Organise any parties or gatherings
- Invite a guest or visitor into student accommodation without signing them in at reception. Residents from other flats also need to sign in
- Invite others into your flat if someone in your flat is in quarantine or isolation
- Break your period of self-isolation, if you are required to do so upon arrival into the UK or after developing symptoms, as advised by the NHS or your doctor
- Violate any of the Health and Safety conditions of the Accommodation Agreement
- Violate any local Public Health guidance that may need to be introduced in the interest of our residents’ health and safety or to reduce the spread of the virus
A ‘household’ in student accommodation is defined as those who live within your flat or on your corridor.