In this section
A workshop discussing the challenges facing early career researchers in fields including gambling, alcohol, tobacco and sex.
A British Academy sponsored early career regional event.
On July 11th 2014, GAMSOC hosted a British Academy early-career researcher symposium, welcoming those studying and working in areas of ‘dangerous consumption’ (alcohol, tobacco, drugs, sex work, gambling). Participants discussed common challenges and opportunities including the nature of evidence, conflicts of interest, funding and ethical codes.
- Jenny Hatchard, Department for Health, Bath University
- Stephanie Scott, Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University
- Trine Mygind Korsby, Department of Anthropology, University of Copenhagen
- Karen Evans-Reeves, Department for Health, Bath University
- Steve Sharman, Department of Psychology, University of Cambridge
- Oscar Alvarez-Macotela, University of Kent
- Gary Fooks chaired the event, University of Bath
- The Keynote was delivered by Ben Hawkins, Department of Global Health and Development, Faculty of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Check out the photos from our Dangerous Consumption event.