An international celebration of the legacy, musicological and performance interests of the late Professor Alexander Ivashkin.
As part of the Department of Music's PureGold Festival, we present a two-day conference focusing on music and the other arts, the conference will bring together international renowned specialists and will include lunchtime and evening concerts as well as round table discussions.
Call for Papers
Submissions are invited for spoken papers and poster presentations.
Proposals for 20-minute papers in English on any topics related to:
1. Legacy of Alexander Ivashkin as a cellist, recording artist, founder of competitions and organiser of festivals, educator, music dedicatee, researcher, writer of books and articles.
2. Performance issues and stylistic approaches.
3. Russian music from Mikhail Glinka to the twenty-first century. Philosophy and religion. Visual arts and cinema.
4. Music of Charles Ives, John Cage, George Crumb, Krzysztof Penderecki, Mauricio Kagel, Luigi Nono, Benjamin Britten, James MacMillan, Gabriel Prokofiev and Roger Redgate.
5. Music from the Southern Hemisphere: Brett Dean, Peter Sculthorpe, Lyell Cresswell, Gillian Whitehead and Carl Vine.
Abstracts limited to c. 200-words and a short CV in Pdf format should be submitted by 20 April to Professor Natalia Pavlutskaya, the chair of the programme committee, to the following email address: email@example.com
100-word CV should include information about the author:
1. Name and position.
2. Postal address.
3. Phone and email.
4. Institution/affiliation and its address.
5. The list of audio-visual equipment necessary for presentation.
Applicants will be notified by 1 May 2017.
The full programme will be announced in May.
It is intended that selected papers will be published.
Registration fee of £35 will cover the cost of the conference pack and refreshments on both days.
Goldsmiths staff and students are free.
Further information can be obtained from PureGold Festival, go to http://www.gold.ac.uk/music and the Centre for Russian Music (http://www.gold.ac.uk/crm)
Important dates: 20 April submission deadline
Dates & times
|2 Jun 2017||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|3 Jun 2017||10:00am - 9:00pm|
If you are attending an event and need the College to help with any mobility requirements you may have, please contact the event organiser in advance to ensure we can accommodate your needs.