Chaotic cabaret in the pub featuring a line-up of scientists who will delve into the weird and wonderful side of their research.
What happens when you fill a pub with lovely people, then invite loads of amazing researchers to entertain them?
Join us at the Amersham Arms on Thursday, 20 September as scientists take you on a high-speed dash through their chosen subjects. Expect laughs, facts that sound totally made up but aren't, and loads of terrible PowerPoints.
Hosted by comedian and compere Steve Cross.
• Dr Caspar Addyman (Psychology) on “Laughing at Laughing Babies"
• Nicky Donald (Computing) on "VR and Vom: Prehistory, Plasticity and Puke"
• Chris French (Psychology) on "The terror that comes in the night: Sleep paralysis"
• Jack Moore (Psychology) on "Are you in control? Peer-pressure, parents and bosses"
• Faraz Alam on "Does what engenders gender make as much sense as this sentence?"
• Sarah Jones on "What would happen if a pandemic wiped out most of the population of London?"
• Anna Ploszajski on "The Origin of Speedos"
The proceeds from this event will go to Computer Aid.
Dates & times
If you are attending an event and need the College to help with any mobility requirements you may have, please contact the event organiser in advance to ensure we can accommodate your needs.