Pioneering Scientific & Creative Collaboration
The Enterprise Office at Goldsmiths, University of London would like to invite you to the launch of Goldsmiths’ Open Innovation Network (GOIN). This initiative aims to provide a forum to build relationships between Goldsmiths’ academics and external individuals and organisations such as yourselves, and to foster collaboration across activities ranging from student placements and KTPs to consultancy and contract research.
We will be holding a series of 4-6 events per year exclusively open to members of the Open Innovation Network. These may be themed around individual academic disciplines, research areas and/or upcoming funding opportunities, and will feature presentations from Goldsmiths academics along with representatives from business, industry and government.
For our launch event we are delighted to host our Key Note speaker Hamish McAlpine, Head of KE Data and Evidence at Research England; followed by presentations from two of our most exciting academics: Dr Sylvia Xueni Pan from the Computing Department talking about her work on an upcoming Peaky Blinders virtual reality game; and Professor Mike Waller, Head of the Design Department, talking about the applications of neuroscience to the design process.
Benefits from participating in the Open Innovation Network:
• Exclusive access to Open Innovation Network events
• Opportunities to engage with Goldsmiths’ academics and students
• Hear about the latest academic research and innovation
• Updates on trends in governmental research strategies and funding priorities
• Horizon scanning for specific upcoming funding opportunities
• Access to funding schemes only available in conjunction with universities like
• Feedback and inform our lobbying of bodies including UK Research and Innovation (the
successor to HEFCE) and central government
• General networking, and opportunity to establish long-term, strategic relationships
Launch Event Schedule
6.00 – 6.30 Registration and drinks
6.30 – 6.40 Welcome & introduction to the Open Innovation Network
6.40 – 7.00 Hamish McAlpine, Head of KE Data and Evidence at Research England - Key Note Speech
7.00 – 7.20 Dr Sylvia Xueni Pan: VR & AI - Bringing Peaky Blinders to Life
7.20 – 7.40 Prof Mike Waller: When Design Thinking meets Neuroscience
7.40 – 8.30 Drinks and networking
Dates & times
If you are attending an event and need the College to help with any mobility requirements you may have, please contact the event organiser in advance to ensure we can accommodate your needs.