Goldsmiths Library offers access to many services and collections for Researchers. Our staff can also provide help and advice.
Primary page content
Copyright and your PhD thesis
Online Research Collections
- Goldsmiths Research Online - institutional research repository (for research outputs).
- Goldsmiths Journals Online - open access journal hosting platform.
Research information services
- DMP Online - research data management planning tool (sign in with 'institutional credentials' to use the Goldsmiths template).
- IRUS - independent Goldsmiths Research Online statistics (go to the 'Portal' at top right and use your Goldsmiths sign in to access).
Publishers and open access
- SHERPA/FACT - funders and authors compliance tool, to help you find out which journals comply with RCUK and Wellcome Trust open access publication requirements.
- SHERPA/ROMEO - publisher copyright policies and self-archiving (check publisher permissions for putting articles in GRO).
- DOAJ - directory of open access journals.
- DOAB - directory of open access books.
Copyright and IPR
- Goldsmiths copyright licences
- Humanities and Social Sciences Monograph Authors - explores concerns about CC expressed in public evidence given by researchers, learned societies and publishers.
Recent Library research projects
- Kaptur - project exploring the management visual arts research data (funded by JISC).
- Defiant Objects - project exploring non-standard research outputs in institutional repositories (funded by SHERPA-LEAP).
Research degree student's Library
- Copyright in your PhD thesis
- Goldsmiths PhD thesis collection
- Openly accessible theses on Goldsmiths Research Online
- EThOS - the British Library's collection of UK theses, all Goldsmiths theses are indexed.
- Subject guides - specialised e-resources organised by subject area including contact details for your Subject Librarian.
Specialised post-graduate study spaces
- 1st Floor Library - on the first floor there is a dedicated individual study room for post-graduates, available when the library is open. See the opening times.
- Special Collections & Archives reading room - the Special Collections & Archives reading room is on the ground floor of the Library. All post-graduates are welcome to use the reading room for quiet study on weekdays at times when it is not in use for archive workshops and in the evening and at weekends. See the opening times.
- Graduate School post-graduate study space - the Graduate School also provides a study space for post-graduates.
Copyright Enquiries - Andrew Gray, Academic Services Librarian - a.gray (@gold.ac.uk)
Goldsmiths Research Online (GRO) - gro (@gold.ac.uk)
Resources and research skills advice - Subject Librarians
Research Office - Research Office Homepage