You can borrow a laptop to use on campus for up to 4 hours from the Library and the Professor Stuart Hall (PSH) Building.
Primary page content
Laptop locker locations
24 laptops available for use on campus.
You can find these in the lockers in the Library on the ground floor or in the Professor Stuart Hall (PSH) building on the lower ground floor.
The system is really easy to use – you just scan your library card and follow the instructions on screen.
You can borrow the laptops for 4 hours at a time.
The laptops may be borrowed from the PSH Building at any time the site is open but you need to return them to the same locker before the site closes.
PSH is open at these times on usual college opening days:
- Monday - Friday, 7am - 10pm
- Saturday, 7.30am - 10am
- Sunday, 8.30am - 6pm
Contact the Library Help Desk if you need assistance borrowing a laptop.
On returning the laptop you need to turn the laptop off, plug in the power supply and close the locker door, otherwise the laptop will remain on your Library account.
You are unable to renew a laptop remotely. You will need to take it back to the locker in order to borrow it again.
Late returns will be fined at a rate of £5 per hour (or part of an hour).
Software installed on the laptop will erase any files you save to it to protect your personal data.
Only save to your personal drive or USB stick as work saved to the laptop will not be retrievable.
Where laptops can be used
Laptops can only be used on campus and can only connect to eduroam wi-fi.
If you cannot borrow a laptop you should contact the Library Help Desk.
For support using laptops, and to report any technical faults, contact the IT Service Desk.
Laptop loan Declaration
Each time you borrow a laptop you will be asked to agree to the following:
- I will return the laptop by the due time/date to the locker from which it was borrowed, and if necessary report any damage to the IT Service Desk
- I understand that fines are payable for the late return of the laptop at a rate of £5 per hour, or part thereof
- I understand that this laptop is for my personal use only, and I will not borrow it on behalf of a friend or colleague, or use it for work which is not educational or personal in nature
- I will only save files to my personal drive or to a removable memory device, and understand that any files saved elsewhere on the laptop will be erased automatically when the laptop is shutdown or re-booted.
- I understand that no software can be downloaded onto this laptop
- The College and Library Services are not responsible for any damage to the borrower’s data storage device(s), loss of data caused by software, hardware, battery failure or computer viruses
- I understand that if the laptop is lost, stolen or damaged in my care, I am liable to pay replacement costs in the region of £650 to £700
- I understand that failure to pay this invoice will result in suspension of library services and notification sent to my Head of Department