We are introducing a new Library Management System (LMS), which will improve how we deliver many of the Library services.
Primary page content
During 2019, we have been busy implementing a new Library Management System (LMS), the software system we use for managing the acquisition, discovery, circulation and usage of all library resources.
We 'go live' with the new system in the week commencing 2 December 2019.
While we switchover to the new system, there will be a few disruptions to library services. To minimise their impact on your studies, please be aware and take action as appropriate.
Before Sunday 1 December
- Renew your loans. All items renewed by this date will be due on or after 11 December.
- Download your Library Search 'e-shelf'. These are the lists of references you might have bookmarked on the catalogue. Please see our instructions to save your Library Search e-shelf.
Between 2-6 December
You will be able to search the catalogue, but information about the availability of books on the shelves may be inaccurate. Loans, returns and fines information in your account area may also be inaccurate. Hold requests and renewals will not be available.
After 6 December, you will need to use your Goldsmiths IT login to place requests and access your account area in Library search. (If you are an external borrower, you'll continue to use your Goldsmiths card barcode and PIN.)
Persistent links to titles on Library Search will break on 6 December, and some URLs will change.
Shelfmap will be unavailable from December 6 until it returns in early 2020.
Borrowing and returning
- You will be able to borrow items at the Library Help desk and using self-service
- Returns will be accepted only at the Library Help desk, during our usual Help desk opening hours
- Renewals, fine payments, and hold requests will not be available. Overdue fines will not accrue during this period
- Laptop Loans will be available.
Inter-Library Loans will be available. On 6 December, the request form will change.
Reading Lists will be available. Information about the availability of books on the shelves may be inaccurate, until 11 December.
Book ordering and suggestions for purchase
From 20 November, there may be delays in processing book orders. We can still take suggestions for purchase via the online book order form, but we might not be able to place new orders until after we go live with the new system.