Goldsmiths is among a number of UK universities where industrial action is taking place.
Primary page content
The strike action and action short of a strike has been called by University and College Union (UCU) as part of national disputes over pensions and pay and conditions.
Strike action took place on:
- Monday 25 November to Friday 29 November – five consecutive days
- Monday 2 December to Wednesday 4 December – three consecutive days
Action short of a strike started on Monday 25 November and could continue until 29 April 2020.
Members taking action short of a strike will come to work on the usual working days but may take one or more of the following actions:
- working to contract
- not covering for absent colleagues
- not rescheduling lectures or classes cancelled due to strike action
- not sharing materials relating to lectures or classes cancelled as a result of strike action
- not undertaking any voluntary activities