There are a wealth of work placements to take advantage of during your time at Goldsmiths, depending on your department and level of study
At Goldsmiths, we recognise that work placements can provide you with a number of benefits.
- They can bring a new dimension to your studies, enabling you to apply and evaluate classroom learning within the workplace.
- You can develop an array of personal skills, which will be critical when you graduate.
- They give you the chance to reflect on and refine your career goals.
- You may be able to develop a useful network of contacts.
This is why we don't just have placements in our professional training courses, such as teaching and social work- we have developed placement options within a wide range of degree courses.
Over 1,400 students at Goldsmiths each year undertake some form of placement which is related to their studies. Some of them describe their experience.
Staff at Goldsmiths have a network of contacts and will support you in finding a suitable placement. In the past, students have had placements at
and many others.
We’ve made a commitment to increase this number over the next two years:
- We have a dedicated Work Placements Manager, who works with academic departments to increase the number of placement opportunities for students
- Some departments are looking at introducing additional work placement options to their undergraduate programmes
- Staff at Goldsmiths have an extensive network of contacts and will support you in finding the right placement
In addition, practice-based assignments, where you can work on projects brought in by external organisations, are exciting elements of some programmes.
Both of these schemes give an added dimension to your studies and also enhance your career prospects.
Find out which programmes include work placements
Goldsmiths and your future
Find out more about how you'll be equipped for your future, whatever that might be, with our Careers Service, industry connections and the workplace skills you'll develop during your time here.