Knowledge Exchange and Policy Activities
Primary page content
Global Code of Conduct for the Investigation of Conflict-Related Sexual Violence (Murad Code)
Kirsten Campbell and Gorana Mlinarević collaborated with other prominent academics and activists in the field of conflict-related sexual violence to provide a response to the consultation on the draft Murad Code.
International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, Legacy Dialogues, Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina
At the ICTY’s final legacy conference, Kirsten Campbell participated in the panel discussion on the ICTY’s Gender Justice Legacy. Kirsten Campbell and Gorana Mlinarević also contributed Recommendations for Gender Justice to the Outcome of the ICTY Legacy Dialogues Conference: Conclusions and Recommendations.
Kirsten Campbell and Gorana Mlinarević were also external experts on the legacy project of the Office of the Prosecutor, Prosecuting Conflict-Related Sexual Violence at the ICTY.
Public International Law Perspectives
On the Prosecution of Daesh’s Crimes against Women and Girls before International Jurisdictions, Committee on Legal Affairs and the Committee on Women’s Rights, Public Hearing, European Parliament.
Kirsten Campbell was invited to make an Expert Witness and Invited Expert Evidence Submission at Public International Law Perspectives on the Prosecution of Daesh’s Crimes against Women and Girls before International Jurisdictions held at the European Parliament in October 2016.
Sexual Violence in Conflict, House of Lords Select Committee
Kirsten Campbell and Gorana Mlinarević of the Gender of Justice Project and the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom provided Joint Evidence to the House of Lords Select Committee on Sexual Violence in Conflict in September 2015.
Kirsten Campbell was also invited to provide Written and Oral Expert Evidence to the House of Lords Select Committee on Sexual Violence in Conflict in September 2015.
Women’s Court for the former Yugoslavia
Kirsten Campbell and Gorana Mlinarević were Members of the Judicial Council for the Women’s Court for the former Yugoslavia held in Sarajevo in May 2015.
- For further information on the Women’s Court.
- The Preliminary Decision of the Judicial Council of the Women’s Court.
- A short workshop on the Women’s Court, produced by the School of Social Literacy, Freedom Front Association and the Workers' University, Bosnia (2018).
- Kirsten Campbell’s interview with BBC Woman’s Hour.
Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
Gorana Mlinarević has been engaged with the Women Organising for Change in Syria and Bosnia initiative, coordinated by the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, since its inception in 2014.
As part of this programme, Kirsten Campbell also provided expert contributions to:
- A Feminist Reinterpretation of the Dayton Peace Accords
- Concept and Framework for the Development of a Gender-Sensitive Reparations Program for Civilian Victims of War in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Gender Justice Teaching, Workshops, and Networks
- Feminist list against rape in war in territory of Yugoslavia, Gorana Mlinarević.
- Strategic Dialogues on Gender-Based Crimes network, Gorana Mlinarević and Kirsten Campbell.
- ‘Gender-Based and Conflict-Related Sexual Violence’, Kirsten Campbell, Nejra Nuna Čengić, and Gorana Mlinarević, lecture, UN Women, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2016.
- ‘Conflict-Related Sexual Violence Research’, Masterclass, Kirsten Campbell and Gorana Mlinarević, University of Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2015.
- Feminist Encounters workshop, Feminist antimilitarist kolektiv (FAK), Kirsten Campbell and Gorana Mlinarević, University of Sarajevo, 2015.
- International Criminal Law training, TRIAL (Track Impunity Always), Kirsten Campbell and Jasenka Ferizović, 2014.
Kirsten Campbell has also provided expert advice on conflict-related sexual violence prosecutions to the United Nations, European Centre for Constitutional and Human Rights, and the Prevent Sexual Violence Initiative (UK).