Goldsmiths is a close-knit community at the very heart of a truly vibrant and international city. Boasting both a rich academic heritage and a reputation for being a creative powerhouse, Goldsmiths has been inspiring students since 1904.
- We're a world-class university, ranked in the world's top 350 universities by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17, and the world's elite by the QS World University Rankings 2016-17
- We have 10 subject areas in the world's elite according to the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject
- We're in the UK's top 25 universities for the quality of our research
- We've been voted one of the top creative universities in the UK by students
- 9 out of 10 of our students go into work or further study when they graduate (DLHE 2014-15)
Goldsmiths is well known for its inspiring and stimulating energy. Based on a friendly single-site campus in London we have a global reach, with a student community from over 140 countries. Regardless of where you're from or where you're going, our reputation is one that brings learning to life through personal contact with the best and brightest of the academic world.
Founded in 1891, and part of the University of London since 1904, we're known for our academic excellence and innovative approach to learning. We combine creative insight with academic rigour, and our students have voted us as one of the UK’s top creative universities (Which? University 2016), with our research quality being ranked in the UK’s top 25 (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
At Goldsmiths, we champion degrees that provoke thought and stretch the imagination. One of the best things about studying for a postgraduate degree at Goldsmiths is the lack of confines. It's not unusual for our academics to collaborate on research projects and initiatives across departments, so you'll have the freedom to go wherever your research takes you. Our postgraduate degrees offer insight into subjects ranging from the arts, humanities, social sciences, cultural studies, computing, and entrepreneurial business and management. Find out more about the postgraduate programmes Goldsmiths has to offer.
Facilities and support
Support for postgraduates
- You'll have access to our Graduate School, which provides facilities and training, and encourages intellectual dialogue between postgraduate students across all disciplines.
- We also have a Virtual Graduate School, which allows you to access resources remotely and take part in discussion groups and networking opportunities.
- You'll become a valued part of a welcoming and broad-minded community.
- Our Careers Service offers support, guidance and practical advice on finding a job and having the career you want.
- Our library and IT Services will help you make the most out of your time here.
- We host a variety of events – from graduate forums and conferences to talks by key figures in the creative and cultural industries. This provides an excellent opportunity to be exposed to new ideas in your discipline and other areas.
- Our departments work closely and have links with industry, which could help you connect with the creative and cultural sectors.
Support for research students
With a world-class reputation for creativity and innovation, and a commitment to encouraging interdisciplinary collaboration, Goldsmiths provides researchers with a unique intellectual environment.
- We're in the UK's top 25 universities for the quality of our research, (Research Excellence Framework, THE research intensity ranking)
- You’ll undertake College-wide and department-specific induction programmes when you begin your degree, and you’ll have regular tutorials with your supervisor.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in departmental research seminars, graduate forums and programmes of taught options, which enable you to meet other research students.
- The Graduate School organises an annual graduate ‘festival of ideas’ that consists of conferences, public lectures and conversations with leading thinkers. It’s an opportunity for PhD students to present their research, and to get involved in the wider academic community.
Employers rank Goldsmiths, University of London as one of the country’s best universities from which to recruit graduates, according to a new survey published in the Times Higher Education magazine.