Why study Psychology at Goldsmiths?
- We’re eclectic. We offer British Psychological Society accredited courses – so you’ll have a professional qualification when you graduate – but you’ll also choose from diverse options, such as cognitive neuroscience, anomalistic psychology, behavioural genetics, psychology and law, addictive behaviours, and psychological approaches to music.
- We’re hands-on, and on hand. You’ll train in psychology’s core research methods, design your own path through your studies, carry out statistical analyses and learn how to promote your knowledge in public.
- You’ll also get support through one-to-one mentoring, and small group and lab sessions.
- We’re out in the world. From using virtual reality to understanding brain injury to how city living affects our mental health, we conduct research in a range of sectors and industries. You’ll see how psychological research influences the world outside – whether it’s in the NHS, advertising agency, an airport or the BBC.
- You’ll study in a department that’s been ranked joint 3rd in the UK for the quality of our research in this subject area (Research Excellence Framework 2014, Times Higher Education research intensity subject rankings).
The Department of Psychology offers an Erasmus scheme which enables you to live in a European city for part of your degree.
Find out more
Find out more about the Department of Psychology.