Our youth and community work programmes are about working in difficult and complex community settings.
Primary page content
Funding regimes and policy demand more and more complex partnerships between local people, local authorities, VCS bodies, professionals and service providers. Responding to needs in creative ways is essential, and we work with students to develop a portfolio of creative community skills.
We’re creative in the sense of being entrepreneurial and thinking outside the box - about how to work in community settings in a difficult and complex context. We emphasise the creative arts to engage and intervene in community settings, especially through drama and music.
We continue Goldsmiths’ proud tradition of creative community activism and advocacy, working to think and rethink the challenging environment we’re part of in southeast London, and beyond.
- BA (Hons) Social Science, Community Development and Youth Work
- BA (Hons) Social and Community Work
- MA Applied Anthropology and Community and Youth Work
- MA Applied Anthropology and Community Development
- MA Applied Anthropology and Community Arts
- MPhil/PhD Community and Youth Work
Current courses in therapeutic and community studies