Shu trained in teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language at the prestigious, Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) and in 2017, acquired the National Certificate for Teachers of Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages issued by Hanban Headquarters in China.
After gaining a BA in English Studies from Nanjing Institute of International Studies, Shu graduated from Nanjing Normal University with an MA in Linguistics (Translation Studies). She has translated abridged versions of Jane Austin, Marilyn Monroe, When Summer Comes, 365 Days Yonder and a number of other books.
Shu has extensive experience in teaching Chinese language and culture having taught modules, such as, Basic Chinese, Intensive Chinese and Oral Chinese to students from over 50 different countries studying on the undergraduate and foreign exchange programs at BFSU. She is also experienced in helping students to pass the official Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) examinations.
Shu also counts teaching Business Chinese among her specialisms having obtained an EMBA from Texas University where she graduated with distinction in 2012.
- 2017 - National Certificate for Teachers of Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (T201750100078)
- 2010-09 - 2012-07 EMBA with distinction Texas University at Arlington
- 2001-09 - 2004-07 Masters Linguistics (Translation Studies) Nanjing Normal University
- 1995-09 - 1999-07 Bachelor of Arts - English Studies Nanjing Institute of International Studies
- Degree programmes
- Short courses
- Mandarin and contextual credit courses