Seminars in this series are given by leading experts in a wide range of psychology-related topics.
Academic Year 2022/23
Some talks are given by members of staff at Goldsmiths, while on other occasions we are pleased to welcome external speakers.
There are four seminars per term, normally on a Thursday, 4-5pm in RHB 300a. Dates and locations for the individual talks will be posted here and on the College Events page.
Talks are free to attend and are open to all. There is no need to book in advance. For further information please contact Hilary Norman (H.Norman@gold.ac.uk).
Autumn term 2022
Identify, Prejudice and Denial
20 October 2022 Professor Keon West, Professor of Social Psychology and Director of EquaLab, Goldsmiths, University of London
Behavioural and Neural Signatures of Visual Body (mis)perception
3 November 2022
Dr Valentina Cazzato, Senior Lecturer in Cognitive Neuroscience and Leader of the Body Image Lab at Liverpool John Moores University (UK)
Autism through the Lifespan
22 November 2022
Dr Rebecca Charlton, Senior Lecturer in Psychology and Director of the GoldAge Lab, Goldsmiths, University of London and Carolien Torenvliet, University of Amsterdam
The Psychology of Ghosts and Hauntings
8 December 2022
Professor Chris French, Emeritus Professor and Head of the Anomalistic Psychology Research Unit, Goldsmiths, University of London
Spring term 2023
- 26 January 2023 Dr James Moore, Reader in Psychology, Goldsmiths, University of London
- 9 February 2023 Professor Antonia Bifulco, Professor of Lifespan Psychology and Director of the Centre for Abuse and Trauma Studies (CATS), Middlesex University
- 9 March 2023 Dr Ellen Poliakoff, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester
- 23 March 2023 to be confirmed
Summer Term 2023
- 11 May 2023 Dr Chelsea Mainwaring, Lecturer in Psychology, London Metropolitan University