The 2015 New Cross Sunflower Project launches this month and we are looking for staff, students and local volunteers to help water and maintain around 1,000 plants.
Now in its third year, the project not only brightens up our urban New Cross streets with bright yellow flowers, it also helps create a great habitat for bees and birds and improves general biodiversity in the area.
Selena Bolingbroke, Strategic Adviser at Goldsmiths, supports the project. She says: “This activity is a great opportunity for Goldsmiths to work with the local community to improve the local environment and street scene as well as an opportunity for our students to undertake useful volunteering activity and meet other people."
There are a variety of volunteer roles available to suit your schedule. If you would like to get involved, please email email@example.com
Dates of planting events
- Saturday 25 April, 2-4pm, planting at Dean House
- Wednesday 29 April 11-2pm - Goldsmiths' College Green sowing, followed by planting at the Library and Richard Hoggart Building
- Saturday 9 May 2-4pm, New Cross Sainsbury's
- Wednesday 13 May, 6-7:30pm, Lewisham Way
- Saturday 16 May, 2-3:30pm, Post Office and bus stops
(Photos courtesy of Vicky Annand)