In this section
Goldsmiths has a strong reputation based on our influential research and creative practice, much of it on themes of cross‐cultural relevance and much of it recognised externally as world‐leading and of international excellence. Our academic community of staff, students and visiting researchers are diverse in geographical origin and are attracted here because of this reputation; some are drawn specifically by our distinctive emphases on exploration of cultural issues in, and across, particular societies or regions of the world.
Our academic staff are extensively networked with overseas colleagues, collaborating in numerous ways on scholarly activities which are of widespread influence on the development of knowledge and the shaping of society. Reflecting the combination of our academic expertise in international priority areas and our outward‐facing engagement, we have been awarded numerous EU‐funded grants – more than most universities, and certainly disproportionate to our size.
We likewise have strong teaching and professional partnerships with numerous universities and organisations in other countries. In particular, we are proud to validate undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at Singapore’s innovative LASALLE College of the Arts; to host a unique Confucius Institute specialising in Dance and Performance, in partnership with the prestigious Beijing Dance Academy; and to offer programmes on a distance basis to students worldwide, through the University of London International Academy. With a growing number of Erasmus partnerships supporting enhanced staff and student mobility as well as a wide range of consultancy offering tailor-made programmes and projects such as training for local media professionals through our Media/Academic Partners.
We are now increasing our investment in internationalisation activity, with the aims of extending and capitalising on our existing connections to achieve the following benefits:
For the generation of new knowledge and societal impact
For all our students
For students from overseas
For staff and visiting academics
For our alumni
For overseas universities and organisations
More information for staff, students and alumni
- Erasmus. Find out how staff and students can spend time in Europe as part of this flagship scheme.
- Student recruitment. With students from over 120 different countries, see how we welcome students and support them through the admissions process.
- Study Abroad. Want to spend a short period of study at Goldsmiths whilst registered at a university in your home country? See our study abroad programme.
- Staff research and enterprise. See how our staff are involved in creating new research and enterprise activity.
- International alumni. Many of our former students have gone on to become leaders and innovators in their chosen fields: they include Antony Gormley, Sam Taylor Wood, Mary Quant, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Bridget Riley, Tessa Jowell, Graham Coxon and the late Malcolm McLaren. Six winners of the prestigious Turner Prize for art have been Goldsmiths graduates. See how they engage and support our former students around the world.
For partners and external organisations
Partnerships. Find out more about how and where we partner, both locally and globally and the collaborative provision services we can offer.
Goldsmiths operates several projects to support staff to develop and implement internationalisation projects. See the staff intranet pages for more information [Goldsmiths login required].