Dr. Chrysanthi Nigianni is a lecturer in Psychosocial studies at Goldsmiths. She is currently training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy and has experience working in various clinical settings. She has published in the fields of feminist philosophy, sexuality, queer theory, continental philosophy, cinema, and ethics. Her published work includes three co-edited collections: Deleuze and Queer Theory (EUP, 2009), Deleuzian Politics (New formations, Issue 68, 2009) and Undutiful Daughters (Palgrave, 2012).
Hours: Thursday 2pm-4pm
Location: Laban Annexe, F11
- B.Sc. in Sociology (Panteion University, Athens)
- M.Sc. in Sociology (London School of Economics)
- Ph.D in Philosophy (University of East London)
Areas of supervision
Chrysanthi is able to supervise theses on feminist theory, sexuality and gender, visual analysis, affect and emotion, psychoanalysis, social theory, identity and difference, critical discourses on mental illness, Ccitical and clinical perspectives on trauma, and 'talking therapies' and the role of language in psychotherapy.
Chrysanthi was a panel organiser and the keynote lecturer at the Deleuze and Guattari Conference 'The Scream of the Concept – Philosophy and politics in Times of Crisis, "Refrains of Freedom"' in 2015. She has also delivered the keynote address at Cambridge University's 'Alterity, Intersubjectivity, Ethics' workshop and CUNY's 'Queer Inhumanism' seminar series in New York, among others. In 2011, she was awarded a Research position as a Visiting Research Scholar at the Centre for Lesbian and Gay Studies (CLAGS) in the Graduate Centre at City University of New York.
This year, she has been invited to participate on panels at Birbeck College University (‘Talking books: with dogs at the edge of life’) and the Philadelphia association ('The Divided Laing: A conversation with Patrick Marmion').
- “Bodies in Sympathy for Just One Night” in Léopold Lambert (eds.) The Body (Punctum, 2015)
- “R.B. to Life” in Blaagaard, Bolette B. and Iris van der Tuin (eds.) The Subject of Rosi Braidotti: Concepts and Politics (London: Bloomsbury Academic, forthcoming in 2014).
- “The Taste of Living” in P. MacCormack (ed.) The Animal Catalyst (London: Bloomsbury, 2014)
- “Là-bas: The Suspended Image and the Politics of Anti-Messianism”, Senses of Cinema, Issue 67, July 2013
- Undutiful Daughters: New Directions in Feminist Thought and Practice with H. Gunkel and F. Söderbäck (New York: Palgrave McMillan Press, 2012)
- Deleuzian Politics? with J. Gilbert, New Formations: A Journal of Culture/Theory/Politics vol.68 (2010).
- Deleuze and Queer Theory with M. Storr (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2009).