Sarah is a Lecturer in the Department of Computing. Her research focuses on Human Computer Interaction. Topics of interest include: the design of number and data entry interfaces particularly in the hospital, citizen science recruitment within HCI and the design of haptic technologies for use in cultural settings with a focus on users with visual impairments.
Sarah is also involved in public engagement and science communication work, which includes performing stand up comedy about her research, as well as giving talks at the Royal Institution and Science Museum.
- PhD in Human Computer Interaction from UCL 2014
- MSc with Distinction in Human Centred Interactive Technologies from University of York 2010
- BSc First Class Hons in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence from University of Edinburgh 2009
Goldsmiths, University of London:
- First Year Mathematical Modelling for Problem Solving
- Interaction to Digital Media
- Ergonomics for Design
- Interaction Design
- Controlled Lab Experiments for HCI
- Wiseman, Sarah, et al. "Use Your Words: Designing One-time Pairing Codes to Improve User Experience." Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM, 2016.
- Wiseman, Sarah, et al. "The Effect of Interface Type on Visual Error Checking Behavior." Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. Vol. 59. No. 1. SAGE Publications, 2015.
- Tu, Huawei, et al. "Employing number-based graphical representations to enhance the effects of visual check on entry error detection." Interacting with Computers (2015): iwv020.
- Gould, Sandy JJ, et al. "Home is Where the Lab is: A Comparison of Online and Lab Data From a Time-sensitive Study of Interruption." Human Computation 2.1 (2015): 45-67.
- Wiseman, Sarah, et al. "Using checksums to detect number entry error."Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM, 2013.
Public Engagement and Science Communication
Spiers, Adam J; van der Linden, Janet; Wiseman, Sarah
Tu, Huawei; Oladimeji, Patrick; Wiseman, Sarah
Gould, Sandy J.J.; Cox, Anna L.; Brumby, Duncan P. and Wiseman, Sarah
Jennet, Charlene; Furniss, Dominic; Iacovides, Ioanna; Wiseman, Sarah
Conference or Workshop Item