This programme aims to develop all the skills, knowledge and understanding you’ll need to become a responsible and effective teacher in your chosen age phase.
This full-time Primary PGCE (QTS) programme is available in conjunction with any of the following age phases:
- 3-7 year olds (Lower Primary)
- 5-11 year olds (Upper Primary) or
- 7-11 year olds (Upper Primary)
Why train with Goldsmiths?
- We have a strong and longstanding partnership with a range of schools in London and south-east England and work closely with them to plan and implement our PGCE (Primary) programme.
- In 2015 98% of student who were recommended for QTS with Goldsmiths were employed in schools. This figure is higher than the national average. Almost nine out of ten Goldsmiths graduates obtained teaching posts in London schools and about two thirds are employed within partnership schools.
- The programme covers all the National Curriculum subjects, and in each curriculum area, you will have the opportunity to develop understanding of the teaching and learning process, and to learn about effective classroom practice
In addition, Core PGCE students will be able to choose from a range of enhancements as part of your training. These have been chosen through discussions with school partners and reflect what they are looking for in prospective NQTs.
These enhancements include:
- Children Literature
- Maths in Action
- Modern Languages
- Early years (Chosen at application)
We really care
We offer personalised support and enrichment activities for all of our students, as we recognise that this is a strong factors in helping them achieve their goals. Our students told Ofsted that the response they got from tutors is ‘amazing’, with help always forthcoming.
You will be well prepared to enter to world of teaching
A recent Ofsted inspection found that trainee teachers at Goldsmiths were well prepared for the world of teaching, with exceptional subject knowledge across the curriculum.
It is also possible to study this course via our School Direct programme. Please visit our School Direct page to see which schools offer this subject.
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact Una Coyne.