Goldsmiths has made an important contribution to the education of the nation's teachers since the early 1900s, and has established a reputation for excellence in teacher training.
- You'll be studying at an institution with a strong teacher training heritage – we've been educating teachers for 115 years, and we're renowned as a leader in the field
- Goldsmiths newly-qualified teachers are highly employable – at Primary level for example, 9 out of 10 obtain teaching posts in London schools, and about two thirds get employed by partnership schools
- You might be eligible for funding – Goldsmiths offers a range of PGCE scholarships and bursaries in addition to financial support from the government
- We have strong links with our partnership schools and are committed to nurturing high-quality teachers who can contribute to the education of pupils in these urban settings
- The most recent Ofsted report highlighted that "[Goldsmiths] trainees have strong subject knowledge. They receive high-quality training from their subject specialist tutors. This is deepened and enriched by varied placements"
- You'll be joining a supportive and diverse student community, where everyone is keen to see you succeed
- You'll receive a high level of support through a system of school and personal tutoring