An A-Z of our PGCE courses
Details of how to make your application for a PGCE at Goldsmiths stand out.
Find out the costs of a PGCE, plus information about ways you could access help with funding your studies.
Get in touch with Goldsmiths.
International student? Here's how to apply for our courses.
Why study a PGCE at Goldsmiths?
- We've been training teachers since 1904, and we're renowned as a leader in the field of teacher training
- You'll benefit from excellent employment opportunities
- There's a strong emphasis on active and collaborative learning
- Ofsted have rated most aspects of our programmes as 'good' or 'very good'
- Teaching practice in our partnership schools offers an excellent introduction to teaching in socially mixed, multi-ethnic urban classrooms
- We offer a high level of support through a system of school and personal tutoring
- Employers rank us as one of the country’s best universities from which to recruit graduates, according to a survey published in the Times Higher Education magazine
- In their 2015 report, Ofsted said: “Goldsmiths, University of London has worked in close partnership with schools over many years to help meet a local need for high-quality teachers able to contribute quickly to the education of pupils in a predominantly urban setting. Head teachers say that trainees and newly qualified teachers (NQTs) need to be able to ‘hit the ground running’. This is an attribute that Goldsmiths NQTs have in abundance.”
For 2018 we're offering financial support in the form of a variety of scholarships and bursaries.