Other accommodation options

If you're daunted by the possibility of finding good quality, private sector housing, don't worry.

Primary page content

University of London Halls

As a student at Goldsmiths, University of London you can apply to some of the University of London Halls. Please visit halls.london.ac.uk for more information.

Private accommodation and support available

If you are looking for private accommodation, University of London Housing Services offers a range of services to assist and support students who are looking for and living in private accommodation in London.

Renting privately means you can decide where you live, who you share with, and the type of accommodation that suits you best.

As a Goldsmiths student, you’ll have access to the University of London Housing Services’ property search platform. This is a site where you can search for available rooms from, private landlords, letting agents and independent halls of residence. In order to advertise through the database, all providers of housing must sign up to the University of London Housing Services’ Code of Good Practice.

The University of London Housing Services also offer legal advice and a contract checking service. Every summer they publish a useful housing guide which can give you advice about searching for a place to live and they organise fairs, webinars and other events to help you find private housing.

Family accommodation

If you're moving with your family, we would strongly advise you to travel to London alone first to find suitable accommodation before your family joins you.

We have some accommodation for couples in our Town Hall Camberwell hall of residence, but our halls rooms are not equipped for families and we are only able to accommodate full-time students. Please contact the Accommodation Office and we can help you find suitable privately rented accommodation.

Living in a homestay or house share

You may be interested in living in a house share or homestay. We work closely with Hosts International who offer a number of self-catering rooms in shared houses and catered accommodation in homestays, close to Goldsmiths and bookable on a weekly basis. HFS London also provide this type of accommodation.