Fees and payments

Information on accommodation fees and financial support

Primary page content

We offer competitively priced accommodation options, with a range of rents across our halls. You can find the cost of our halls on the relevant halls page.

If you’ve been allocated a place, you’ll receive an email with information about how to accept your place, read and agree to the terms of the contract, and how to pay your pre-payment or deposit. The pre-payment is £150 and will go towards your first rent instalment. It applies to all halls except those in the Goldsmiths Student Village, where a security deposit of £200 is due.

These deposits/pre-payments do not apply to students whose stay is sponsored by their home institution (those on the Study Abroad programme whose fees are paid by their home university).

What's included in my rent?

Rent includes:

  • all utility bills (electricity, water and gas)
  • basic possessions insurance
  • access to internet

You can pay by bank transfer, credit/debit card, direct debit or through our online payments system. For any questions with regards to your fees or pre-payment, please contact us.

Current student looking to pay your rent? See our information for current residents.

Louis and Beth share their tips on how to budget at university.