Topology is rapidly transforming itself into a new paradigm stretching across sciences and arts, theory and practice, and industry and the academy.
The TRU has been set up to explore the two inter-related ways in which topology provides a conceptual language for understanding relationships, intensities and transformations. One is as a methodological tool in social sciences and architecture. The other is as a tool for performance across a range of arts and creative practices.
The TRU objectives are to:
- make a distinctive contribution to the department’s research profile and REF narrative
- create impact for the department and the College in public fora, debate and exhibition spaces
- stimulate research and teaching in a currently exciting and innovative area that is very much in keeping with the Department’s interests and ethos
- attract research funding and sponsorship
- amplify links within the department, with other departments, universities organisations