Disability and individual needs
We actively encourage disabled people to apply to work at Goldsmiths.
Goldsmiths is an accredited Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to the aims of Disability Confident and in particular we will:
- Ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicate and promote all vacancies
- Offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the job
- Provide reasonable adjustments as required
- Support any existing staff member who acquires long-term health condition or becomes disabled, to help them to stay in work
Applying for jobs under the Disability Confident Scheme
As part of our commitment, we ask all job applicants if they want to be considered under the Disability Confident Scheme.
If you are disabled and apply for a job under the scheme, the recruitment panel will guarantee you an interview if they feel that your application meets all the essential criteria for the role.
Please note, that by opting-in to this scheme, you are disclosing that you are disabled solely for the purpose of applying for a guaranteed interview and we will not assume nor infer that you wish to disclose or record that you are disabled in any other way – including any reasonable adjustments you may need if you are employed.
Reasonable adjustments for interviews
It is important to us that you let us know as soon as possible if you have any specific requirements that we can assist with during the recruitment process.
Access arrangements might include (among others):
- arranging a sign language interpreter or other communication support for the interview
- ensuring interview rooms are accessible (e.g. space, lighting, seating, sound proofing)
- providing assistive software, should you be required to undertake a computer based assessment
Please note this information will not be part of the selection process and will only be available to those involved in arranging the interview.
For more information or assistance with completing the application process please contact hr (@gold.ac.uk).
Equality and diversity
Read about Goldsmiths’ proactive work to advance equality and celebrate diversity.