Veronica leads the Primary PGCE Maths course as well as the Maths in Action research/school-based enhancement module. She co-ordinates the M-level SPIRE (Studies in Professional Issues and Research in Education) module. Veronica has taught in Higher Education since 2005, having taught on both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in ITE (Initital Teacher Education). Prior to that, Veronica had extensive experience in primary schools. She taught for 10 years in schools within multicultural settings. She was a leading Maths teacher for Merton, maths co-ordinator and a senior manager within schools.
Veronica has presented at the BERA symposium on Black African and Black African-Caribbean students' experiences and perceptions of Initial Teacher Education (2013) and at CHEER on undergraduate Black students' perceptions of a teacher training course based in a south of London University (2012).
- BA Joint Honours West European Politics and French (University of Essex) 1991
- PGCE Mulitlingual Primary Education (North London Polytechnic now LondonMet)
- MA Maths Education (Merit) (King’s College, London) 2003
- EdD Doctorate in Education (UCL/IoE) 2017
- Oxford Brookes University: 2013 – 2017 Primary PGCE
- Birmingham City University: 2018 - BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS