Primary page content
Value£2,000 fee waiver
Number availableUp to two
Year of entry2021 entry
You must meet the general eligibility criteria and regulations. You must also:
- Be holding an offer of study on a taught postgraduate programme at Goldsmiths (excluding PGCE programmes)
- Be a UK citizen and eligible for Home fees
- Be new to postgraduate study
- Be experiencing financial difficulties
- Not be in receipt of any Goldsmiths funding
Applications open 12 March 2021. The deadline for applications is 28 May 2021, 12.00pm BST.
How to apply
When applications open you can apply through your MyGoldsmiths account. This is the online account that you created when you applied for a course at Goldsmiths.
As part of the application, you will be asked to answer three questions relevant to the award that you are applying for. Our scholarships are very competitive, so it's important to include as much detailed information as you can.
We also require the following supporting documents for your scholarship application to be considered:
- Photocopies of official college or university degree certificates and transcripts
- Two academic references relating to your current or most recent course, or professional references if appropriate
- Proof of your annual household income, either in the form of your P60 from HMRC, or documentation provided by your bank
If you have already provided these as part of your course application, then it is not necessary to upload them as part of your scholarship application.
Successful applicants will be selected on a competitive basis.
Initial shortlisting by eligibility criteria will be completed by our Scholarships Co-ordinator. All applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are then forwarded to the next selection stage.
Applications will then be considered by an awarding panel. All panel members understand that applicants will have a broad range of differing skills, attributes and experiences, so they will give equal consideration to both the applicant’s academic record and their answers to the questions posed in the award application form. Panel members also understand that what is important is the content of the answers and their relevance to the questions, not the standard of writing.
The panel will consist of representatives from Admissions, Widening Participation, and an academic department. The panel will assess the applications against the stated criteria.
Final award recipients and reserve candidates will be decided by the panel.
Goldsmiths scholarships and bursaries regulations can be found here.