Home, EU and international students (full-time and part-time) with a first class undergraduate honours degree from a British higher education institution, applying for taught Masters programmes, are eligible for the Goldsmiths Excellence Fee Waiver.
Primary page content
To qualifiy for this fee waiver, you must:
- be a Home, EU, or International Student (full-time or part-time)
- have a first class undergraduate degree from a british institution
- be applying for a Taught Masters programme at Goldsmiths
Definition of British Higher Education Institution
- Must be be a recognised institution with degree awarding powers, and based in the UK
- Where the institution is based outside the UK, or is not in itself a recognised institution, the degree certificate/transcript must show that the award has been awarded by a recognised UK institution as listed on the government website.
Definition of an Undergraduate honours degree
- Must have been studied for a minimum of 2 years
- Must have 360 CATS points (or 180 ECTS points) at levels 4-6 of the FHEQ framework in England, Wales, or Northern Ireland, or leves 7-10 of the FQHEIS in Scotland.
- Where an integrated UG/PG qualification has been completed and an award given for Postgraduate qualification, we can accept up to level 7 of FHEQ and level 11 of FQHEIS
- Ordinary degrees are not accepted
Definition of First Class degree
- A standard definition is a final achievement of 70% or above.
- Where the grading structure differs, achievements must be within the highest band available at that institution such as Excellent/A.
- Pass/Fail grading is not acceptable except in the case of Oxbridge colleges which may record final outcomes as Pass.