Enhance your skills to get the most out of your academic programme
Academic Skills Certificate
This student has attended a series of skills workshops and completed assignments where they have demonstrated the application of their learning. The transferable skills developed include: effective reading strategies, effective communication in group situations, listening skills, note taking, researching and identifying relevant information, and writing skills.
- Register for the Certificate on Learn.gold
- Complete the Skills Self-Assessment questionnaire on Learn.gold
- Attend 4 of the Enhancing Academic Skills Workshops or other approved workshops (pick up a stamp card at one of the sessions and get a stamp for each workshop attended)
- Submit reflection and/or evidence on Learn.gold for the learning gained through each workshop. Each piece of reflection/ evidence should clearly reference 2 – 3 action points taken as a result of the workshop.
- Submit Stamp Card with at least 4 Stamps
How do I find out more?
English Language Centre Academic Skills
This student has successfully completed Academic English Skills development: an optional short course which develops skills valuable for the workplace: writing in a clear, concise and persuasive manner, negotiating various writing genres, prioritisation of tasks and managing time effectively, enhancing research and note-taking skills, and developing confident presentation skills.
- Completed at least 80% attendance
Demonstrated engagement by completing tasks set by the teacher