You graduate from Goldsmiths with more than a degree, your HEAR is the proof.
Every undergraduate and post graduate taught student will graduate with a HEAR.
What the HEAR IS
The Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) is the official transcript you will receive at graduation. As well as recording your academic results, it also includes your other achievements – co-curricular activities, university prizes and other awards.
This document can then be shared with potential employers to set yourself apart from the crowd and gain the job you want when you graduate.
Benefits of the HEAR
You can use your final HEAR transcript to:
- Attach as supporting documentation when applying for jobs to help you stand out from the crowd
- Create a portfolio of the skills and experience you have gained to help in writing job applications and preparing for interviews
- Plan your time at Goldsmiths and explore opportunities available to you that you might not have been aware of before
- Identify gaps in your skills and experience and find activities to help you develop in those areas
- Show that what you gain from being at Goldsmiths is more than a degree
How the HEAR works
You do not need to sign up or register, it starts automatically when you enrol.
There is a list of recognised activities that can be recorded on your HEAR (see below).
If you participate in one of these activities, when you’ve completed the relevant criteria, it will be added to your record at the end of each academic year. If you do not want your activity recorded, just let your Activity Organiser know.
You can view your HEAR in your My Goldsmiths account from the end of your first year at Goldsmiths so you can see your HEAR developing as your take part in more activities.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your Activity Organiser knows you are participating in the activity so that they can verify that you have completed the criteria. Activities will not be recorded without the Activity Organiser's verification.
Activities recognised on the HEAR