The MSc Marketing & Technology aims to transform students into uniquely-trained individuals possessing the knowledge and skills required to be successful marketers in dynamic and technology-driven industries.
- Companies such as Netflix, Airbnb, and Tesla have one thing in common: they break with the norms of existing markets and employ unconventional, technology-driven marketing approaches. Traditional marketing education all too often neglects the marketing abilities that these companies possess.
- The MSc Marketing & Technology departs from the rather passive marketing logic that assumes markets and marketing channels are fixed features of reality. Instead, it shows how managers can proactively shape and create new markets and marketing landscapes.
- The goal of this programme is to transform students into uniquely-trained individuals who understand how to leverage emerging technologies, such as 3D printing, Virtual Reality, and the Internet of Things, to design unique customer experiences, disrupt existing markets, and create entirely new ones.
- The programme will direct students’ attention to significant and emerging technological trends, and show how they can address important social and environmental problems.
- It seeks to enable students to discover new market opportunities that will have a positive impact on the economy, society, and the environment. Students will be equipped with the skills required to effectively navigate today’s technology-dominated marketing environments, and they will learn how to be successful marketers in the digital marketing era.
You will find this programme valuable if you:
- aim to find a marketing job in an entrepreneurial company, in a creative or technology-dominated industry, and/or in the area of digital marketing.
- prefer working in dynamic and fast-changing environments
- have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy thinking outside the box.
- are fascinated by human ingenuity and the latest technological discoveries.
- seek to make a positive impact on society.
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact Dr Chris Brauer.