Teacher Training Code
1 year full-time
Secondary schools need good Maths teachers. This exciting and demanding programme will prepare you to become an effective and high-quality Maths teacher, with a particular focus on the unique demands of working in a multi-ethnic London comprehensive school.
Why study PGCE (Secondary) Mathematics at Goldsmiths?
- Get to know the different parts of the mathematics curriculum and possible teaching approaches in Goldsmith's supportive and collaborative learning environment.
- Explore the forefront of mathematics education, engaging critically with current issues and debates, and help shape the field's future. An essential aspect of your learning is challenging your preconceptions about learners, mathematics and teaching.
- Focus on broadening your knowledge of resources for teaching, longer-term planning, and the post-16 curriculum in mathematics sessions at Goldsmiths.
- Develop your skills in planning, teaching, and managing whole classes. You will build up gradually, from learning ways to teach one student to small groups to a whole class.
- Learn about ‘whole-school’ issues and contributing to a school’s pastoral life.
- Take advantage of our unique partnerships with local schools and gain hands-on teaching experience in carefully selected placements. You will be prepared for teaching anywhere in the world.
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact Dr Sipho Morrison.